If you didn't get a chance to take part in the two Vision 20/20 webinars, you can now stream and download them!
- Focusing Resources Where They Matter Most
- Gary West, Tennessee State Fire Marshal
- Marshal West will be talking about the "Get Alarmed Tennessee" program that installed over 100,000 smoke alarms in high-risk areas and has resulted in a 28% reduction in fire deaths.
- Fire Data in a Serious State
- Sara Wood, Kansas State NFIRS Program Manager
- Ms. Wood will talk about removing barriers, making data more accessible and creating a more positive attitude towards data reporting. As a result, they have increased reporting levels from 31% to 83% of departments in two years.
- No More Fire Deaths
Derrick Sawyer, Deputy Chief, Philadelphia Fire Department
- Chief Sawyer will explain that by using a detailed analysis of fire data, Philadelphia launched a pilot program for a focused smoke alarm installation program in high risk areas that resulted in a 30% improvement as compared to the rest of he city.
- Sprinklers in Rapid City
Tim Behlings, Division Chief, Rapid City Fire Department
- Chief Behlings will describe the sprinkler initiative in Rapid City that focuses on a wide diversity of occupancies and that has resulted in 33 sprinkler saves since it started. As Chief Behlings says, "we need to stop digging the hole and building a ladder so that more people are protected by sprinklers..."